The University of Bristol Department of Music was delighted to host the study day Black British Music: Sacred and Secular on Saturday 25 March, 2023.
The aims of the day were to put scholarship about Black British sacred and secular music in conversation with one another, and to support academics and practitioner-scholars of all levels in building a community around these significant areas of study.
This page now exists for information purposes only.
The study day mostly took place in-person. Recordings of the livestreamed keynotes can be found here.
- Dulcie Dixon McKenzie
- Natalie Hyacinth
- Monique Ingalls
- Justin Williams
- Matthew Williams
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- University of Bristol School of Arts Research Fund
- Faculty of Arts Event Fund
- University of Bristol Centre for Black Humanities
- Gospel Music Industry Alliance UK
- Prof. Judith Squires, DVC and Provost, University of Bristol
- Bristol Institute of Learning and Teaching Decolonising Fund